Wednesday, November 19, 2008

It is flat, thus it weights

Semester 3 is finally coming to an end. It seems like only yesterday I enrolled in LimKokWing and today, I'm blogging about how I'm already half way through my diploma. Gosh... time really flies when you're so occupied!

This semester seems to fly faster than before! Or rather I feel that I am not settled down enough for this semester. Gym and dates took too much of my time and I hardly able to do as much as I did last semester.

My lecturer once told me that I slacked a lot this semester, but to me, I'm still doing my best, just maybe not as good as before. Not as perfect. That statement made me cry, not because those are harsh words or anything. It is just that, maybe, lecturers have too much of an expectation out of me and I can't seem to achieve them. I am a disappointment. Yet, I will stand and do what I can now and not let what had happened get into my way.

Meh... Enough of babbling.

So yea... This morning was Semester 3 design presentation. I was in group A! (Panels were Mr Terry and Mr Asfia, did I spell his name right? Corrected! Thanks to Azie) And I'm also the last to present. Everyone was looking! (Ho ho... Didn't I just get everyone's attention?) Even group B's presentation was already over by that time. Was a little nervous... Cause I feel that I did not put as much effort as last semester. And Sheounz only gave me A-! Was thinking "Oh no... Elin is going to give me B now"

Yea... Weird thoughts when you're nervous. Well, few things that were raised up by panels

  • The roof is flat thus, it weights. Should make it pitched a little. (Well, my mistake. Design flaw)
  • Stagnant water (my design got water feature) does not gives cold air when water vaporizes. Will only brings humidity to the building and thus, my building will only last for 5 years (I didn't know!)
  • Sliding wall made out of wood is too heavy to push. Not practical (My mistake! Was suppose to be bamboo! I told the panels those were wood strips)
Overall, it was a good presentation. The panels loved my boards and model (My model suck I tell you). But yeah, if they like it, then it's good.

I noticed that I did not take any pictures of my model! So no pictures here.

I shall fall back into slumber.

0 comments: